MACHA THEATRE's home is a 4,000 square foot Metal Steel structure built in 1947.
It is a rare post WW II building the only existing of its kind in West Hollywood.
Short History of the Building:
It was previously known as the Globe Playhouse and it has been a theater for the last 45 years!
R. Thad Taylor built the theater inside this rare jewel of a building and founded the Shakespeare Society of America!
- Thad produced the entire Cannons of Shakespeare's plays inside this building.
- Thad cast (Odalys Nanin) as Jessica in the Merchant of Venice.
- October 18, 2006 Thad Taylor passed away.
- Odalys Nanin the producing artistic director and founder of
Macha Theatre saved it from becoming another parking lot.
- She kept the Tudor style and Globe Set. Ms. Nanin upgraded the electrical, insulated the building, installed an illuminated Marquee,
-Built a bar in the Bohemian lobby and obtained a legal beer and wine license.
-MACHA Theatre has been in our West Hollywood location at 1107 N. Kings Road for ten years.
- We are celebrating our ten year anniversary on APRIL 22, 2017.
These are just some of the celebrated Thespians that have performed on our stage boards:
ED HARRIS played Hamlet and went on to becoming a celebrated actor.
AL PACINO rehearsed his next play for five months and performed on our stage August 2016 before taking it to the Pasadena Playhouse and on to Broadway.
NIA VARDALOS- performed her one woman show MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING on our stage and Rita Wilson & Tom Hanks made it into a film.
SOPHIE B. HAWKINS performed in the hit musical ROOM 105 playing the role of Janis Joplin
Some of our celebrated Audiences that have come to see Macha Theatre productions:
Your tax deductible donations will assist us in assuring that this theater remains a theater and it's NOT demolished.
Please, give kindly with your heart for the future of this theater is in your hands.
YOU CAN BE PART OF THE HERITAGE OF OUR CREATIVE CITY OF WEST HOLLYWOOD
by preserving this historical building. It's a haven to many famous and new artists in our community.